By Billie DeLancey/Parish House Museum Director
Harvey Parish was a staunch prohibitionist. As the town founder, he once owned the entire west side of Main St (Parish Ave) — that side of downtown was considered “dry” long before the 18th Amendment established Prohibition on January 1, 1920.
Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login to access content or purchase a subscription.

